- Serves the needs of advanced practice nurses because it’s written by nurse practitioners for nurse practitioners, in collaboration with a physician.
- Organizes content around the Circle of Caring framework for nursing-based knowledge and holistic care.
- Explores complementary and alternative treatments for each disorder.
- Covers the broadest range of human disease and disorders using a systems-based approach, presenting both common complaints and common problems to help students narrow down the possible differentials to the most likely diagnosis.
- Considers interactions of pharmaceuticals with alternative medications and nutraceuticals.
- Features coverage of pathophysiology and diagnostic reasoning as well as up-to-date guidance on laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Emphasizes evidence-based practice with information on evidence levels and more references to primary studies.
- Integrates discussions of health policy and primary care throughout the text.
Vanhook, Patricia M.; Dunphy, Lynne M.; Porter, B.; and Luskin, C.. 2019. Spinal Disorders. Primary Care: The Art and Science of Primary Care Advanced Practice, Philadelphia, PA. 5th Edition. Lynne M. Dunphy, Jill E. Winland-Brown, Brian Oscar Porter, Debera J. Thomas, Eds. F.A. Davis Company. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0803667183/ ISBN: 9780803667181