Changing the Trajectory for Infants, Young Children and their Parents involved with Child Welfare
- Develop an appreciation for the centrality of the caregiver infant relationship in the young child’s mental health and development
- Gain information about the impact of traumatic events on infants and young children across developmental domains, including early brain development
- Be able to identify the core components of the infant court approach
- Learn how the infant court approach addresses the impact of trauma in the lives of young children and their parents as well as promotes healthy attachment and development
- Be able to describe Tennessee’s development of infant courts through its two pilot projects and legislative initiative.
Billings, Giovanni; Pruett, Anne; and Moser, Michele R.. 2017. Changing the Trajectory for Infants, Young Children and their Parents involved with Child Welfare. Building Blocks for Infant Mental Health, Franklin, TN.