Applying Patient-Centered Care in Pain Management
- Describe the concept of patient ‐centered care from the pharmacist’s perspective.
- Summarize the science of patient ‐centered communication in pain management.
- Describe pharmacogenetic tests that are available to guide the use of opioids in pain management.
- Discuss research opportunities related to patient ‐centered care and genetic testing in pain management.
- Describe strategies used by pharmacists to implement genetic testing in clinical pharmacy practice.
Hagemeier, Nicholas E.; and Price, Elvin T.. 2018. Applying Patient-Centered Care in Pain Management. Podium Presentation. American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN. https://apha2018.pharmacist.com/sites/default/files/slides/Applying_Patient_Centered_3-17_103C.pdf