Up Close and Personal: Shared Accountability & Sustainable Solutions to Address the Opioid Epidemic
- Explain ideas to achieve meaningful, synergistic partnerships in combating the opioid crisis by leveraging unique areas of healthcare expertise (i.e., medical, payer, pharmacy) in collaboration with other key healthcare and policy experts.
- Describe innovative, results-driven solutions in development or in the marketplace to address opioid prescribing practices from the unique perspective of providers, pharmacists, health plans, patients and caregivers.
- Learn about the system breakdowns from patient and family member perspectives.
- Share possibilities for better integrating the voice and role of individuals living with addiction and caregivers into important solutions combating the opioid crisis.
- Identify the greatest, most near-term opportunities for improvements or system-wide changes, generally and for PQA.
Hagemeier, Nicholas E.. 2018. Up Close and Personal: Shared Accountability & Sustainable Solutions to Address the Opioid Epidemic. Pharmacy Quality Alliance Leadership Summit, Alexandria, VA. https://www.pqaalliance.org/assets/Events/2018%20Leadership%20Summit%20Agenda_Preliminary.pdf