Improving Performance on Task Three Assessment: Strategies and Supports
In this session presenters will demonstrate specific strategies and supports that have helped our teacher candidates
improve their performance on Task Three: Assessment. Topics include helping teacher candidates:
- Identify and state objectives clearly and effectively.
- Align standards/objectives, instruction, and assessment.
- Develop deeper understandings of evaluative criteria, cognitive feedback, and helping their students to use feedback.
- Organize and display assessment data.
- Conduct meaningful analysis of assessment data
- Use assessment data to modify instruction and to plan next steps
Examples of strategies/activities/supports, as well as guidance for others to develop their own will be provided.
Rock, Terryl; and Hogan, Norma. 2017. Improving Performance on Task Three Assessment: Strategies and Supports. Tennessee State edTPA Conference, Murfreesboro, TN. http://www.mtsu.edu/2017tnedtpa/agenda.php