Publication Date


Document Type



East Tennessee State officially became a college in 1925 with a name change to East Tennessee State Teachers College. During this same time, East Tennessee State began applying for accreditation from the Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools of the Southern States. The institution would eventually achieve accreditation in 1927. This is a hand written draft of an early accreditation application completed in 1925 by President Charles C. Sherrod, of whom the current ETSU main campus library is now named.

The physical copy of this item can be found in the President Correspondences Collection of the Archives of Appalachia at East Tennessee State University. For access or more information please contact the Archives of Appalachia.